1. To enrich the University and community through providing:
- A spectrum of culturally diverse world-class live music performances.
- A series of community outreach concerts and educational activities for the tri-state region.
2. To provide affordable live musical experiences.
- By maintaining affordable ticket prices, managing costs of programming and operations.
- Through sponsorships for ticketing, especially opportunities for those families with
limited financial means.
- By seeking support appropriate to the MPCS and its potential growth.
collaboration, thereby enriching scholarship and research, promote creativity and inspire the
imaginations of non-musician artists and creative students, assisting them to be fully self-
4. To recruit talented undergraduate and graduate music and non-major students to the University,
and be attractive to potential faculty and staff.
- Partner with the Department of Music and other academic units to recruit talented
undergraduate and graduate students.
- Expand in-school and summer institute programs to attract talented undergraduate and
graduate music students, such as the Master Players Festival & School (MPF).
5. To encourage financial investment in the University’s future:
- MPCS will serve as the cultural ambassador for UD with both internal and external
- Leverage the UD/MPCS brand by supporting the UD’s image of excellence.
MPCS Strategic Plan 2016-2018